Hello hello! Well, Lucy and I made it home yesterday. Thankfully, our flights were completely uneventful. Woo hoo! Let's not even bother discussing the exorbitant price of my ticket....
So now I have some time to report on Lucy's first trip to the beach and the visit with the Fox fam in the 'Cola. We went to Sandestin with the Savarese fam (my sister Liz, her husband Greg and their three little ones). Lucy thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with Anna, Porter and Julia. Anna and Porter are big kids now and they were extra gentle with Lucy. Lucy and Julia got along great too. Lucy grabbed Julia's ears and belly and Julia was totally unphased. I guess that's what happens when you have two older siblings. On day 2 we attempted to go the beach. Going to the beach with a baby requires lots and lots of gear. Daddy Seth dragged it all out to the beach where we sat for precisely 10 minutes before heading back to the condo. On day 3 we tried to go the beach again. This time we actually stayed for an hour or so. But I really don't think Lucy likes the beach.
In fact, I think that if Lucy could talk, this is what she'd say abotu the beach: "mommy and daddy, why on earth did you bring me to the beach? I can't even sit up yet and you think I want to lounge on the beach? I'm itchy from the sand that creeped onto the blanket and hot from this blazing sun. I can't wear sunscreen yet so, mommy, you make me sit here in this giant white hat under a sunscreen-proof blanket and umbrella and I don't like it. I look silly (but I can understand why you're paranoid since I have daddy's super, super fair skin). And did I mention how bright it is out here? The water looks cool and refreshing, but with those giant waves, there's no way I can go in and cool off. Should I repeat what I said earlier? I. Cannot. Sit. Up. Therefore, I cannot go in the ocean. And finally, daddy, you embarrass me with the amount of crap you bring with you. Seriously, is all that necessary? Because you were not getting my subtle hints, I decided to let you know how much I dislike the beach by crying every time you tried to take of a picture of me, daddy (which is like every 5 seconds)."
So, after our 2 beach trips, we gave up and headed for the pool. And Lucy LOVES the pool! That wasn't much of a surprise since she loves taking baths. I was crazy-paranoid about keeping Lucy out of the sun, so we only went in the pool when it was dusk and even then, we only stayed in the shaded parts. Other than that, we hung out a lot and ate way, way too much. Just call it Heiferfest '08. But wait, there have already been so many heiferfests of '08 that I guess I will call this one beach trip #1 heiferfest.
After our beach trip we headed back to Pensacola to hang out with more family. Lucy FINALLY got to meet aunt Maryellen & uncle Joe, aunt Sarah and cousin Gracie. She also got to hang out with uncle Steve, uncle Michael, and grandma & grandpa. She was all smiles and wowed them with her smiles, coos and rolling over skills. Then we flew home yesterday and I think Lucy misses all the action b.c she was pretty cranky today. I guess life at home is not quite as exciting as it is with all the relatives!
Welcome to Our 1st Family Blog
Welcome family and friends to The Roussel World, our 1st family blog. Here we will post news, pictures, and random thoughts. We promise to update often so please check back frequently.
Enjoy!
Cheers,
Lucy, Molly, Chrissy, & Seth
Enjoy!
Cheers,
Lucy, Molly, Chrissy, & Seth
Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i like the pool better too, lucy. and seriously babies can't wear sunscreen yet? becuase paige has already been slathered in baby banana boat for a music festival we had to go to and she was fine...so i think. what's the deal with that? paige has the same white floppy hat and i love it. lucy looks just as cute!
Post a Comment