Welcome to Our 1st Family Blog

Welcome family and friends to The Roussel World, our 1st family blog. Here we will post news, pictures, and random thoughts. We promise to update often so please check back frequently.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Lucy, Molly, Chrissy, & Seth

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Naps and Jumbo Muffin Top


Obviously last night's Hornets post was by Seth. Chrissy here again. So, I had two goals in going to the mall today: (1) get Lucy to take a nap and (2) find an appropriately loose top that I could wear to Jeffrey's graduation that would hide my jumbo muffin top but also look a little dressy. I partially succeeded in the former and failed in the latter. Lucy went on a nap strike this morning. I knew she was tired but she just didn't want to sleep. Riding in the car and in the stroller seems to put her to sleep, so I thought the mall walking would result in some nap time. And besides, I think she generally likes the mall. I mean, she hasn't told me so but I know she does. ;) Anyway, after an hour of multiple returns and exchanges, she fell asleep for about 30 minutes. Then her eyes popped open again and she's been awake since then. Argh. She was wide awake while we were in line at Starbucks and this man was talking to me about what a cute baby boy I had. The guy kept referring to Lucy as a he. Which is funny because she was dressed in an orangey-pink, girly outfit. I think the color is sometimes called melon. I wanted to say, thanks, SHE needs to take a nap, etc. etc. but I just got my latte and went on my way. Okay, on to goal #2. I have to have a half decent outfit to wear to Jeffrey's graduation on Sat. night (Jeffrey is Seth's little brother and he's graduating from high school). I've decided that I will wear some pre-pregnancy black pants because I don't want to buy black pants in a bigger size b.c I am hoping to not be this bigger size for much longer. The problem is, though, that I have some serious muffin top in said pre-pregnancy black pants. I mean, I had some petit muffin top before but now I have jumbo muffin top. And I need a top to hide it. But it is impossible to find a dressy-ish loose top, I've discovered. Well, I have one dressy-ish loose top, which is what I'll end up wearing since I couldn't find anything else. So Roussel fam, don't be alarmed when you see me in the same top that I've worn for basically every event since Lucy was born. And you know what's funny is that it is melon colored. Ha. Alright more later....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog! The muffin top post is too funny :).

Anonymous said...

Count me in as another reader of this fine blog. I also cracked up at the muffin top references! Can't wait to see you and Seth and meet Miss Lucy tomorrow. I can't tell you how excited I am to have y'all back in Louisiana soon!

ginster said...

was she wearing jeans? i find when paige is in denim, everyone thinks she is a boy. and i am one to say, SHE is... it upsets them and makes me happy.

i have a jumbo muffin front. my pre-preg pants fit, but it all comes spilling out the front. i am pre-preg weight, but shaped so different now i am afraid i will never be the same again. will a million sit ups help? i wish i knew first so i had an excuse to just not do them. ha!

love the blog! i linked it and gave you a shout out so you get more traffic. comments are the best!