Welcome to Our 1st Family Blog

Welcome family and friends to The Roussel World, our 1st family blog. Here we will post news, pictures, and random thoughts. We promise to update often so please check back frequently.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Lucy, Molly, Chrissy, & Seth

Monday, June 2, 2008

Crawfish Boil #2, the pleated pants police, and my magic sling

Happy Monday to everyone. So I didn't know what sport it was.... When Seth listens to sports on the radio it's like they're talking in a foreign language to me. So I am here to report on the Roussel fam's weekend activities (which are referenced in the cryptic title of this post). On Sat. we headed out to the LSU/Tulane alumni D.C. crawfish boil. This was Lucy's second crawfish boil. You know your daddy's a Louisianian when you've been to two crawfish boils and you're only like 110 days old. :) It was a fun time visiting with Jake & Caroline, Tara & Alex, Jenny & Jeff, and Rachel & Tom. It was super hot and then there were a series of torrential downpours, so it really did feel like we were back in Louisiana! Now it's time for a what-would-you-do-if-you-were-Seth quiz. In the midst of downpour #2, while I am huddled under this pavillion with everyone else and trying to dress Lucy (I undressed her b.c it was hot) while standing up, Seth does which of the following: (a) feels my frustration in trying to do all this and assists me or (b) says "I'm going to get another beer and then we can go home." Yes, you guessed--(b)! That choice resulted in him receiving one of my "looks of death," as he likes to call them. Anyway, once we hit the road and headed home, the skies cleared up wonderfully. Oh well. It's not like we won't eat crawfish ever again.

Now on to Sunday, when Seth & I cleaned out our closets. Seth must've given away 15 pairs of jeans/pants. And about 10 of them were pleated with tapered legs. Ridiculous. So I sat there with Lucy and acted as the pleat police and vetoed every single pair. He still kept a few though. We got lots done, but it was a completely exhausting day. I think it was exhausting in part b.c our little princess really didn't nap. I've learned that Lucy will nap (1) when I leave the house or (2) when she is in my magic sling. The sling will instantly put her to sleep. It's wonderful. I've learned to do pretty much everything with my sling on--take out the trash, nap, go to the bathroom, etc. etc. But one thing I cannot do is bend over repeatedly to pick up all the junk on my closet floor. You just can't bend over repeatedly with a little one sleeping in your kangaroo pouch. It doesn't work. So yesterday, when we were home all day and I couldn't keep her in the sling, she couldn't nap. And she was a sad mess by the end of the day b.c she was so tired. I tried various other tactics to get her to sleep, but seriously NOTHING ELSE WORKS. NOTHING but my magic sling. :( I did give her a little baby massage before she went to bed, and even though she was super tired, she loved that. She was talking to me, ooing and ahhhing. It was adorable. After her massage it took me about 10 attempts to get her to bed. The more tired she gets, the more she wants to just suck on anything she can. I was rocking her and she was sucking my shirt, my arms, her hands. And she wasn't hungry, she just does that to soothe herself. Well, that and run her fingers through her hair.

So that sums up our weekend. How was your weekend, friends and fam? Hopefully it was relaxing and fun. Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheers to the throwing away of pleated pants! They are the fashion enemy.

As for the sling- just be thankful it's not the 7 year old British girl drinking your sweet mango juice.