Hi! So nothing too exciting to report from the Roussel house. Seth worked Tuesday night, which meant he was off for most of the day on Tuesday and all day on Wednesday. That's always so fun to have him off during the week. The whole Roussel fam goes out and runs errands and it's great because no one else is grocery shopping or eating out during the middle of the day on a Tuesday! On Tuesday we did more stuff around our house after heading to Panera for some giant bagels. Have you ever had their cinnamon crunch bagel with the hazelnut cream cheese? Man, it is freakin awesome. Maybe I am genetically predisposed to liking it b.c when we were in FL visiting my fam, my sister Maryellen and my brother Steve and I all had this long conversation about how delicious that exact bagel/cream cheese combo is. Really. But I digress. Maybe the reason I have all this muffin top on my waist is from the bagels. Ha. Ironic. I can't remember what else we did on Tuesday. Yesterday we went to Stroller Strides with Jessica and baby Sam. It was hard, as always. Then Lucy and I went to Barnes and Noble and Crate and Barrel while poor Seth did all kinds of yard work. On yeah, then the power went out! ARGH! It was hot and I was freaking out about all this frozen milk I had in the freezer b.c if it defrosts then it's no good. So Jessica and Rob to the rescue! It is currently sitting in their freezer, nice and chilly. Of course the power came back on about 30 minutes after I got home but oh well. Murphy's law. Today I did more errands--Babies R Us (I think I'm there every single week), mall returns, etc. etc.
I've noticed during Lucy smiles and flirts with people everywhere I go now. It's so fun! People say hello and she smiles so big it squinches up her little nose. And she's become sooo vocal. She oohs and ahhs all the time, I think just to hear herself. She is still loving her daily massage. She stretches her arms and legs straight out when I do it and just lays there. I guess I would like to be massaged every day too. Anyway, today I got her one of those bumbo seats at Babies R Us. For those of you not familiar with the world of baby products, i.e., things you never knew you needed but seemingly can't live without once you have a little one, a bumbo seat is a little seat that looks like it was made out of playdough but is somehow sturdier than playdough and your baby can sort of sit up in it before your baby can sit up on her own. Whew, that was a run-on sentence. (Sorry, mom). Anyway, I put Lucy in the bumbo seat and she was TOTALLY startled. She looked like she was waiting to fall over. So the verdict's still out on whether she'll actually like it. Oh, my other big news is that she actually took a nap AT HOME and NOT in the SLING. Woo hoo! Oh yeah, one more thing--again today someone thought she was a boy. What's up with that? At least today she was wearing yellow and not hot pink, so it's a little more understandable.
Enough randomness for today. Expect more tomorrow though! Good night!
Welcome to Our 1st Family Blog
Welcome family and friends to The Roussel World, our 1st family blog. Here we will post news, pictures, and random thoughts. We promise to update often so please check back frequently.
Enjoy!
Cheers,
Lucy, Molly, Chrissy, & Seth
Enjoy!
Cheers,
Lucy, Molly, Chrissy, & Seth
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment