As you saw from Seth's oh-so-dramatic post, he survived his first day home alone with Lucy. He also survived the rest of the week. I found it surprisingly exciting to be back at work. It was nice to see old friends and type out complete sentences uninterrupted. But my friends, my return to work is short lived. I put in my two weeks' notice and my last day will be July 11 because we'll be moving to Baton Rouge in August! Woo hoo! Yes, there will be lots of mosquitoes, but there will also be lots of babysitters, since Seth is related to about half of St. James Parish (hello all you Brigancs and Roussels). We are really excited about the move and about being closer to our families. I have no idea what's next for me work-wise. I guess I'll figure it out once we're down there....
Anyway, I wanted to write a quick entry about Lucy's first trip to day care. Seth wasn't available to watch Lucy today, so she went to my work-sponsored day care program. It was traumatic for both of us. :( I called to check on her around lunch time and the person I spoke with said Lucy wouldn't really take the bottle. And then I hear it: a baby wailing in the background. Not just fussy-crying. Wailing. LOUD wailing. And you guessed, it was Lucy. :( My heart sank. She was not wailing when I arrived, which is surprising because it only took me about 6 minutes to get there. I literally ran over there from my building. So we are going to keep working on our bottle skills, I guess.
Tomorrow will be a fun filled day of wedding dress shopping. No, not for Lucy, but for our friend Jenelle. Will write more this weekend. Til then, good night!
Welcome to Our 1st Family Blog
Welcome family and friends to The Roussel World, our 1st family blog. Here we will post news, pictures, and random thoughts. We promise to update often so please check back frequently.
Enjoy!
Cheers,
Lucy, Molly, Chrissy, & Seth
Enjoy!
Cheers,
Lucy, Molly, Chrissy, & Seth
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
yea! closer to ginny and paige! we can't wait to welcome you back to the south. we must plan a trip to get together and introduce the babies. i know they will love each other. and soon we will have another baby! i think amy is having a girl - she has to to complete our little trio! ha!
You left out two "shout outs" regarding your move to Baton Rouge:
1) better hummus
2) being closer to Lucy's favorite non-relative uncle, Jeff!!
i want to live closer to non-relative uncle jeff too! and better hummus. chrissy, say you'll come to nola when we swoop into town in november for ben maggin's wedding!
Oh that is SO TRUE, Jeff! :) And she'll be closer to her 2 favorite non-relative aunts, Brandy & Courtney. And I don't think I need to explain to you how I feel about the hummus. Ginny, I'm all for a trip down in Nov! That would be so fun. :) I bet these little girls are going to be a handful!
Post a Comment