Welcome to Our 1st Family Blog

Welcome family and friends to The Roussel World, our 1st family blog. Here we will post news, pictures, and random thoughts. We promise to update often so please check back frequently.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Lucy, Molly, Chrissy, & Seth

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Oh how time flies


Chrissy here to report on the last week or two! Let's see--Father's Day was lots of fun. I got Seth a tie with Lucy's picture all over it. It was a fittingly tacky gift for Father's Day. Or so I thought, anyway. My parents arrived in D.C. on Father's Day to visit for a few days. We had a great time and somehow managed to avoid all monuments, museums, galleries, and all other educational places. Instead, we walked around Alexandria and D.C., met up with the Moriartys, ate lots of yummy food, and just hung out and stared at Lucy. It was super fun. Then on Thursday morning, Lucy went on her first train ride! No, she didn't go alone, I went with her, as did my parents. Me, my parents, Lucy, Jessica and baby Sam rode the train from Alexandria to Rhode Island. Jessica and Sam came up here to see Sam's great grandmother, and we headed up to see Lucy's great grandmother as well as her many great aunts, uncles, and my cousins (I think that my cousins are her first cousins once removed, right?). Anyway, Sam and Lucy loved the train (see how happy they look). They just chilled out in their carseats and took lots of naps. They charmed everyone who walked by them. It was funny because people kepy saying, "oh, twins!" even after we explained that they are not even related. They are pretty close in age though--I think about 6 weeks apart. As I write this we are still in The Ocean State now but are heading home tomorrow morning. Lucy has done lots of visiting and chatting while we have been here. She loved talking to my cousin Ted and his fiancee, Amanda. She was just yucking it up, laughing so hard. It was so funny. I wish I could bottle up her little laugh and release it whenever I feel like it--it is just the most perfect, pure sound in the whole world. It is. It makes me smile and almost cry just thinking about it because I just love it so much. Daddy Seth has been missing me and Lucy TONS and can't wait for us to get home.

Oh I almost forgot to report on Lucy's 4 month dr. visit!! That happened last Wednesday. She is 15 pounds, 8 ounces and 26.25 inches long. Apparently that's pretty big (90% for weight and 98% for height). Her head circumference is moving into the more normal range - 16.25 inches (75%, down from the 95%) She had 4 shots and only cried for a minute or two. The dr. talked a long time about introducing some rice cereal and pureed foods, which is so exciting. I never knew strained green beans would excite me so much, but they do. It just reminds me how fast Lucy is growing. I can hardly believe that she's already four months old. When you have a baby I feel like you enter some other time dimension where it's like you blink and a month has passed.

I'll post some more pics from the RI trip in the next few days. I'm sure I'll think of LOTS of other random things to post, but this should do it for now. Love to all!

No comments: