So we went to Chevy's tex mex for dinner tonight. Not our first, second or third place choice for Mexican but oh well, that's where we ended up. There was this lady there who had maybe one too many of Chevy's watermelon margaritas and came over to "meet" Lucy. But then she lingered too long and the whole interaction was really awkward. And she reached out and touched Lucy's nose and cheek. Weird. Then she said she thinks Lucy has such feminine features. And since it awkward and she is still standing there and looking at Lucy and not leaving, I say, oh really, that's funny because people keep mistaking her for a boy. And she goes on and on and on about Lucy's very feminine features and how could anyone say that. She was so outraged that it made me wonder if she was going to follow us to our car and try to steal Lucy. And in my mind, I'm going, I'm not telling you our last name or anything else about us except our baby's first name. I know, I'm crazy, but I frequently am concerned that someone might try to steal her. My sister Liz has the same concerns, though, so I think this a normal thing. Anyway, Seth and I agree that no one should touch a stranger's baby. It's just weird. So potential baby stealer is still standing there, staring at Lucy and Seth goes, oh, she was a Valentine's Day baby, and the potential baby stealer was like, oh, only one day before my birthday! And then she proceeds to relay that info to her husband/date/accomplice potential baby stealer. Again, weird. But she eventually left and I told Seth about my concerns and he agreed that they are valid. There are just so many things to worry about when you have a baby. #213--worrying that someone will steal your baby.
So that's our big night out. Now we're watching P.S. I Love You, which several people have told me is surprisingly good. We shall see. How was your Friday night? Bet you weren't worried about someone stealing your baby. Or maybe you were, if you have a baby. Well, here's to a worry-free evening! Good night!
Welcome to Our 1st Family Blog
Welcome family and friends to The Roussel World, our 1st family blog. Here we will post news, pictures, and random thoughts. We promise to update often so please check back frequently.
Enjoy!
Cheers,
Lucy, Molly, Chrissy, & Seth
Enjoy!
Cheers,
Lucy, Molly, Chrissy, & Seth
Friday, June 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i do think the drunk was trying to steal baby lucy. what a freak! be ready to do battle with the carrier - you can scurry off with lucy and seth and upper cut the drunk with her carrier. i think those things can do some damage!
Post a Comment