Welcome to Our 1st Family Blog

Welcome family and friends to The Roussel World, our 1st family blog. Here we will post news, pictures, and random thoughts. We promise to update often so please check back frequently.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Lucy, Molly, Chrissy, & Seth

Monday, August 4, 2008

Done with the Boards... at least for now!

Yipppppeeeeeee!!!! The test is over! Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers. The test was tough and I really don't know if I passed, but hey, it's OVER!!! O- V-E-R! The last few weeks have sucked in terms of constant studying, but hopefully everything will turn out okay. Yes, it's true, I usually always think I fail but somehow, someway I pull it out. This time I don't feel like I failed, but you never know. Maybe since I am not as freaked out means I actually did fail?! Who knows. Actually I just don't care today. The post-test margaritas this afternoon took all my worries away, at least for now. I won't find out the results until October, so no sense in obsessing about it now, right? Thank you all again who kept me in your thoughts -I appreciate it.
So, Chrissy thought it was all done, but today was just the written board exam. Even if I passed, I still have to take the oral board exam next year! Yes, the ABA ( American Board of Anesthesiology... not the American Bar Association for all you lawyer readers) requires another brutal test where you are locked in a room with 2practicing anesthesiologists, who grill you for an hour, about anything and everything. Then you go to the next room where 2 more anesthesiologists get to grill you again! Doesn't that just sound frickin awesome! I can't wait! But once that is done, you are good for 10 years - then you have to re-certify, but only with the written, not the oral exam. But, first things first... let's just pray I passed this one so I can move along. And to think, Chrissy will have to put up with me stressing out all over again!
Now it's time to focus on the move - only one week left in DC (we still have to do our family picture at the Lincoln Memorial) then it's off to the Rouge. I don't start work until September 2nd, so that gives us a little time to settle in. We're gonna miss D.C. but it will be good to be closer to our families, especially with Lucy. That's all for now - I'm off to celebrate some more! Goodnight!

1 comment:

ginster said...

congrats, dr. roussel!!!! i know you passed with flying colors and will wow those old anesthesiologists with your knowledge and great bedside manner. looking forward to having the roussel clan closer so maybe, just maybe, we can get these baby girls together!