Hello friends and fam! I'm happy to report that we've made some progress with the unpacking. We now have half of one room unpacked. Woo hoo! Only 5 rooms to go.
Besides dabbling in unpacking, we have been spending lots and lots of time visiting Super Wal-Mart. Arlington, VA didn't have any Wal-Marts, so with the retun to B.R., we are returning to the land of Wal-Marts. Now, I have a serious love/hate relationship with ("Super") Wal-Mart. It's great because they carry everything under the sun, but on the other hand, it's so huge it's hard to get everything you need in one trip.
Since we've been back in The Rouge, we've made like 6 trips to Wal-Mart to get various necessity items, such as beer, baby wipes, chocolate, light bulbs, etc. Somehow we never remember what we need when we're there, so we're there again the very next day. So, friends and fam, on today's trip to Wal-Mart we decided we needed to get some groceries. Now, you all know that the staples of the Roussel house include: microwave popcorn, edadmame, peanut butter, cherries, beer, yogurt, and HUMMUS. So today we actually remembered that we needed to get hummus. Yet there was NO HUMMUS to be found in the entire "Super" Wal-Mart. We thought maybe we just missed it since we don't know the layout of the store so Seth asked. The guy replied, "oh, hummus?... [blank stare] We used to carry it but not anymore." Seriously? In all 30,000 sqaure feet of store you don't have room for one single tiny little spot for hummus? Does no one eat hummus here? Surely that's not true. My friends here eat hummus. Or at least my friends in N.O. do (Jeff B., talking to you), and that's close enough. So Wal-Mart gets a big thumbs down today.
In other news, the beehive is going to disappear on Monday! Or starting on Monday. I will try to take pics of the hive! Someone told Seth that we should eat the honey from the hive because it contains pollen from all the flowers/plants in the area and that if we ate it, it would help with seasonal allergies. That sounds made up to me. I mean, really? Are we sure it wouldn't taste like vinyl siding? Seth is going to try it, but not me. I'll stick to my hummus. If I can ever find any....
Welcome to Our 1st Family Blog
Welcome family and friends to The Roussel World, our 1st family blog. Here we will post news, pictures, and random thoughts. We promise to update often so please check back frequently.
Enjoy!
Cheers,
Lucy, Molly, Chrissy, & Seth
Enjoy!
Cheers,
Lucy, Molly, Chrissy, & Seth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I just give you credit for going to WalMart. My patience is too thin for the experience.
I thought of you guys because I wI went to Lebanon's for a date on Tuesday. Needless to say, the hummus was deee-licious. You should go to Serrop's on Essen-- they have great Middle Eastern food.
It is true about the honey! We just bought local honey for that reason. We miss you. We'd be happy to get you some hummus when you visit your arlington vacation home!
Walmart randomly just stops carrying items. Like, for instance, the clorox bath wand refills. And, Marc's rasberry avalanche ice cream. And, every Wal-Mart layout is different and they all carry different things. I'm slowly figuring this out. And, about the honey. You can break a piece of the comb off and chew on it. It's like gum I think. That's what they do on TV. I think you should record the removal and post it.
Post a Comment