Welcome to Our 1st Family Blog

Welcome family and friends to The Roussel World, our 1st family blog. Here we will post news, pictures, and random thoughts. We promise to update often so please check back frequently.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Lucy, Molly, Chrissy, & Seth

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Let's all pray to St. Joseph of Cupertino

Long time, no post! Things have been extremely busy in the Roussel house! But first things first. Seth's boards are TOMORROW! Let's all pray to St. Joseph of Cupertino that they ask only the questions that Seth knows the answers to. My mom knows about all the saints and regularly refers me to the appropriate saint for the task at hand. Lost your keys? "Dear St. Anthony please look around, something is lost and must be found." And as she says, "oh, St. Anthony has never failed me!" Apparently when you have a major test, you need to pray to St. Joseph of Cupertino. Now, Seth has beef with St. Josephs in general because little St. Joseph not-of-Cupertino (actually, not sure what his subtitle is--maybe just Jesus' daddy?) who is buried in the backyard has not helped us sell our house. Did you know about that? If you bury a St. Joseph not-of-Cupertino upside down in your yard you will sell your house. Well, that St. Joseph has disappointed us thus far! Mary Fran says Seth must not hold it against St. Joseph of Cupertino. Okay, enough about saints. Oh one more--feeling completely hopeless? Then pray to St. Jude, "hope of the hopeless." Mary Fran said that she sure hopes Seth does not need to invoke St. Jude....

Lucy and I have been busy. We've decided to keep our house on the market and list it with an agent, good family friend Bev Tull. So we've been whipping our little house into shape and hoping that St. Joseph not-of-Cupertino does his thing and helps us sell it. I've also been seeing Jessica and baby Sam lots since Seth has been out of the house studying so much. Yesterday we decided to walk to the ice cream shop and nearly got struck by lighting on the way home. And all I could think was, I am going to die because I decided to get a sundae instead of a cone. But we made it back to her place unharmed. Maybe because we were running as fast as we could. And people that was hard after our big brownie sundaes.

I think that's all I have to report for now. I hope you're all doing well. GOOD LUCK to Seth tomorrow! We love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget--St. Gerard for all you mothers! I hope Seth stars (with or without St. Joe of Cupertino!).

ginster said...

good luck, seth!!! i know you can do it! i will be thinking of you while i am reviewing docs all about ice. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Seth!!! I know you'll do great!

Mommy, Navy Wife, Attorney- what other names do I need? said...

Seth you will do great- oh and we buried St. Joseph in our yard when moving from Florida and it totally worked so keep the faith!!!