Welcome to Our 1st Family Blog

Welcome family and friends to The Roussel World, our 1st family blog. Here we will post news, pictures, and random thoughts. We promise to update often so please check back frequently.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Lucy, Molly, Chrissy, & Seth

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We're Surrounded by Boxes and Bees

Well, friends and fam, I'm here to report on life in Baton Rouge. At the moment, we are surrounded by boxes and bees. And no, I am not being clever here, we really ARE surrounded by boxes and bees.

Boxes
We are feeling defeated before even starting the unpacking process. After Lucy went to sleep, we opened precisely two boxes before deciding to give up for the day. So rather than unpack, we are sitting between all the boxes drinking beer and watching bad reality tv.

Bees
Now about those bees. Our house is a honeycomb. A colony of bees has decided to make their home in the siding of the house. We're not sure how many bees are there (hundreds? thousands?), so let's just say that there are LOTS of bees living in the side of the house and leave it at that. Our super friendly landlord is working really hard to get the problem addressed asap. It's going to be a major operation to remove the bees. Apparently they have to lure the bees out, take off all the siding, and then remove the honeycomb. It's going to be removed later this week or early next week. My mom thinks it'll be awesome to watch the whole process, which I guess it would, but I will only watch from far, far away. And until they are removed, I will continue to have nightmares about the bees eating through the wall of the house and attacking me in my sleep. But I've already planned out my exit strategy should that happen. I leave my keys in a strategic location each night so that I can grab them quickly.

Well, that'll do it for tonight. I have to get back to sitting here, watching t.v., and staring at all the boxes we haven't unpacked. Good night, all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get out! That is my worst nightmare. I really think they could chew their way through the wall. I'm getting nervous just typing it.

Erica said...

Hey guys! Got your email and actually have been looking at your blog recently to find out what is going on. Jeremy and I are staying in Jackson. Never thought I would become a Mississippian. Anyway, hope to get down for a few games this year! Congrats on the new job and move.

Erica

Anonymous said...

Hey Chrissy! I am laughing hysterically (as I tell Greg) about our conversations today (8/26/08) about the bee removal and the bee landing on your arm..... Now, after the fact, I'm reading this post about your nightmares. You poor thing. What trauma you've endured! I would be terrified also! Thank God they're gone!
Love you! Liz