
As you saw from Seth's post, he is officially done. Woo hoo! Can you believe he can remember his first day of kindergarten? I sure can't. Remember my own, I mean. But I guess it's not a stretch for him to say it was a hot August day. It was, after all, August in Baton Rouge.
So on Monday, Seth's last day of residency, we celebrated in style by dining at PF Chang's. I mean, after 25 years of education, what restaurant pops into your mind instantly? Of course, PF Chang's. Well, not really but we were paralyzed by indecision so that's where we went. Kind of like Chevy's. So, we decide to order champagne because I LOVE champagne and we figured, why not, we DO have something to celebrate. So apparently no one ever orders champagne at PF Chang's. Ever. Ever. In fact, I wonder if they just went down the street to the liquor store to buy it. It took forever and then finally the manager came over and opened the champange and was all showy with it. Then he asked if we were celebrating something to which Seth quickly says "no" because he is embarrassed we ordered champagne at PF Chang's and I simultaneously say "yes! he just finished his residency!" So the manager is like, "oh, that's great, congrats. Please have some of our new mini-desserts on me." And I like, thanks manager! Little did he know I was already planning on ordering several mini desserts. I am really liking this mini dessert trend. You don't feel guilty about getting dessert when it's the size of a shot. Lucy slept through the entire dinner and it sort of felt like we were alone, pre-baby. It was fun. We talked about all the possible vacations we could take in August but will not take. I will try not to get all sentimental here but I am so proud of Seth. I can't believe he's done. I remember way back when I met him and he was premed, along with half of LSU. Little did I know what was in store for him or for me--stressing about the MCAT, getting in to med school, passing step 1, 2, and 3, matching for residency, making it through residency, and now, passing the boards. The years have just flown by and I can't believe it's here. So congrats, Seth. You did it. And I am happy that I was with you every step of the way (or most steps, anyway, some I could've skipped ;)).
I am just realizing I totally forgot to thank Jenny and Jeff G. for babysitting for Seth's graduation dinner thing. Lucy behaved herself and didn't scare them out of having kids. Thank goodness b.c when they do have kids they will be super-cute. So thank you thank you thank you, Jenny and Jeff!
1 comment:
yum - i love pf changs and champers. i can just see the manager opening the bottle for you and the doc with a special flair. hope you enjoyed it and your mini deserts!
Post a Comment