Welcome to Our 1st Family Blog

Welcome family and friends to The Roussel World, our 1st family blog. Here we will post news, pictures, and random thoughts. We promise to update often so please check back frequently.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Lucy, Molly, Chrissy, & Seth

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Seth is home alone




Don't you just love this picture? Chrissy caught it on her iphone one morning this past week, just after Lucy woke up!
Sorry it's been a few days without a post. Chrissy and Lucy are currently down in Louisiana and Florida until Wednesday and I'm holding down the fort here in Virginia. The trip to Louisiana was to attend Aunt Meagan's wonderful baby shower yesterday and Chrissy and Lucy both really wanted to go. Today it was visiting time with MawMaw Patty and then PawPaw Kevin and then on to Pensacola with Grandma and Grandpa Fox, who also made it in for Meagan's shower. Unfortunately, Chrissy has been SICK AS A DOG with a horrible sinus/throat infection and has nearly lost her voice. Lucy actually had it first, starting last Wednesday or Thursday, and proceeded to pass it on to both Chrissy and myself. Fortunately, Lucy just had a few sniffles and not much more, but Chrissy and I have been nearly incapacitated. I'm on the mend, but Chrissy is still struggling and finally got some antibiotics today. So hopefully, she'll be feeling better soon. Chrissy had an exciting last week of work here in DC this week - well, I guess exciting isn't the best word... maybe I should say eventful. She put in a lot of hours Thursday and Friday but finally got to turn in her crackberry, laptop, and keys, which I think was a big relief. I'm really proud of her - it was a crazy hectic job at times, but she did a great job and overall enjoyed working there. We will both be unemployed for the next 7 weeks, so that is exciting. Although we will have no income, it will be nice to just take a break. If you can call it that - with my boards and the move to Baton Rouge looming, I don't know exactly how relaxing it will really be. We still have a lot going on here - still working on selling the house, still trying to decide about movers/studying at least 8 hours a day, etc. We did find a house to rent in Baton Rouge which is great news. It is a huge 3BR/3BA house with a nice big deck and yard and only a block away from the LSU lakes (Cloverdale Ave. for those of you who know Baton Rouge). Can you say hello LSU football season! Kickoff is only 48 days away, by the way. What else is new? Not too much. Since my girls have been out of town, I have just been studying for my anesthesiology boards which I take 3 weeks from tomorrow. Your prayers are requested and appreciated. It's getting a little stressful, with so much stuff to review, but hopefully I can get through all of the stuff I need to. Well, that's all for this post. Hopefully Chrissy will be feeling better soon and hopefully I'll pass this damn test!

Here are a few pictures from earlier this week:

3 comments:

ginster said...

your request for prayers has been answered! i know you will pass and i know chrissy will feel better. it sucks right now though. and i am so happy to have some unemployed friends - at least for the next 7 weeks. i know your unemployment was a choice, but hey, solidarity forever!

Anonymous said...

good luck, Seth! It will all be over soon and you'll be in LA in no time at all. Congrats on the house!

Mommy, Navy Wife, Attorney- what other names do I need? said...

Seth- I know you will pass- you will freak out like you do before tests and then pass-but I will still send my prayers your way!!!