Welcome to Our 1st Family Blog

Welcome family and friends to The Roussel World, our 1st family blog. Here we will post news, pictures, and random thoughts. We promise to update often so please check back frequently.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Lucy, Molly, Chrissy, & Seth

Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Long Road Home and Things You Should Never Say to Your Wife

I'm baaaaaack. And it was a long trip home. You know how I was all nervous about who I'd be sitting next to on the plane? Well, lucky me, I sat next to an eight year old unaccompanied boy. I asked him who he was going to visit and he says "my grandparents. My mom said she needs a break from me. But she WAS pretty upset when I left." I kid you not. He proceeded to ask a million questions during the flight, including whether my iphone had games, whether he needed to pay for his apple juice, etc. etc. He was very nice and cute, even if he was super hyper. Then I get to ATL. And guess what? My flight left the 'Cola late so I am sprinting through the various ATL terminals in a desperate effort to get to my connecting flight. Sprinting--with Lucy jiggling all around in the baby pouch, with my stroller teetering back and forth and bucking up and down, with sweat pours down my face because I have a fever and am sick. The seas of people parted quite easily for me. I guess they could tell from the crazed look on my face that I was a mother on a mission to make her connecting flight. Or maybe they were afraid that the stroller rolling over them would inflict some serious bodily injury. Because I might have hit them if they hadn't moved.

After all that sprinting, I get to my gate only to have the lady refuse to even look up when I ask her is my flight closed. So yeah, I did it. I burst into tears in the middle of the ATL airport. Oh well. I talked to my mom who said maybe I should sit and regroup, which I did. That made me feel better. Well that and a Starbucks smoothie (which was fairly delicious, I must say). I made the next flight and Seth couldn't have been happier to see us. Lucy and I are happy to be home, chilling with Seth. Today the whole fam didn't even get up til after 9. Now if ONLY we could sell our house. Do you want to buy it??? Think about it.

In other news, there are about a million things you should NOT say to your wife, and Seth has said many (read: 214,632) of them. Today he said another--I came home from getting my crazy eyebrows done and lo and behold, they STILL look crazy because the woman made one brow shorter than the other. UGH. So, men blog readers, when you wife is complaining about that and just generally in a bad mood about it, do NOT closely study her face and then say, "yeah, they are REALLY uneven." Because your wife will not be happy about it because she can't fix it. She has to just wait til they grow out. Instead of being honest, you should say: "oh they look exactly the same shape to me. Really." In the interests of full disclosure, I should probably mention that Seth DID initially say, "oh, they look fine." Now, here's the hard part, men blog-readers: when your wife insists that you look really closely, you must still lie! Lie, lie, lie! She does not want you to tell the truth. Don't do it! You would think that after almost ten years of bad haircuts and brows, Seth would know this. But no.

Well, me and my wonky brows are going to go watch some t.v., so good night, friends and fam.

1 comment:

ginster said...

first of all, i so would have burst into tears too. i cannot take situations like that, especially with a baby and being sick.

second of all, jeff has said many a ridiculous thing to me. if you remember, he did tell me my entire wardrobe was hideous and i needed to go on what not to wear. then he told me he would feel better if he never saw my clogs again. how rude! i would like to go on one of those makeover shows though!